As you work through the sales process it is important to develop an understanding of the prospect. Here are a few good questions for you to consider.
- How does your company measure success?
- What is the biggest issue on your desk today?
- What is your CEO’s top three priorities for the next 12 months?
- Do you have confidence that you understand and have addressed all your business exposures?
- How do you define success in your insurance/risk program?
- When tough decisions are made regarding risk, who makes them?
- If you could what would you change about your current program?
- Does your agent provide a comprehensive safety and risk tool kit?
- If you had access to the most qualified HR specialist, it would that be a value to your firm?
Assessing the Incumbent Relationship
- How important are long-term relationships with your providers?
- How do you evaluate the performance of your risk providers?
- What is your assessment of your current risk provider?
- What services are you not getting that would enhance your program